Friday, February 26, 2010

A Little Snow Goes a Long Way

Having this time off due to the record snowfalls here in NY has given me some time to think about starting a blog. I don't want to bore everyone to death, but I do want to give future actuaries an insight into the life of someone else in their shoes. So let me start off with a little bit about me:

I'm currently attending college, with the goal of majoring in math, and possibly minoring in Finance (maybe a little more about that later). I am in my fourth semester, and have taken a variety of courses in the math field. I am just starting out now with Principles of Finance.

Why did I choose math? The answer still eludes me, but I think it was mostly because of how the Actuarial field is rated. It's a nice 9-5 job, that doesn't detract much from life. I'm also solidly awesome at math and computer programming.

So that's it for the introduction. From now on it'll run along the lines of day-to-day life. And wish me luck with shoveling all this snow!

Photo credit: Zink Dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment